Surf City, USA

The standout memory of my first week in Chicago was the bitterly cold weather. It was windy and snowed so heavily that my rental car was covered and flights into/out of O'Hare were canceled/delayed. My Chicago co-workers tells me this is unusual for April. In nearby Cleveland, the baseball game was "snowed out".



Wendy and I spent the weekend in Huntington Beach, CA (popularly referred to as "Surf City USA"). It was overcast but warm enough for t-shirt - definitely a good change from Chicago. The hotel is beautiful, built in Spanish architecture. It has a calming vibe with themed water fountains and koi ponds surrounding a wonderful spa center.

Overlooking the koi pond and spa center



Water Fountain




Next Week - Palm Springs 2.0!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Europe 2.3 - Berlin

A History of Mobile Phones

Best. Comeback. Ever.